Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 20

Today's challenge is to post a picture of a somewhere I'd like to travel.  This was an easy one for me.  I have always wanted to visit England and hope to do so when the boys are older.  For this challenge I thought I would be more specific and post a picture of one of the specific places Jacob and I talk about visiting.

This is a picture of Astley Castle (well, what's left of it) in North Warwickshire, England.

Jacob and I always talk about some day going to England and seeing all the places linked to his family name. It doesn't get much cooler than a castle.  It, ironically, caught on fire the year Jacob was born, but the ruins are so old that it would still be an awesome place to see/visit.

Maybe some day we'll get to actually see it. What an awesome day that will be!

2 comments:

  1. That would be a fun place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed the picture of Astley Castle to Carl and he said it looked like the Astleys needed to clean it up. That is ironic that it burned the year Jacob was born. I always thought it was interesting that there was a Sir Jacob Astley and we didn't know it when we named our Jacob.

    ReplyDelete