Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 26

Today I get to post a picture of something that means a lot to me.   Like everyone else I have a lot of things that mean a lot to me.  I have the cake covered shirts both of my boys wore at their first birthday parties.  I have pot holders my great grandmother made, a hope chest my grandpa made for me, and the list goes on and on.  So, what did I decide to blog about? 

These are the shirts my mother had made for the boys when Logan was born.  They currently hang in the boys' bathroom and I look at them (Logan's especially) and think, "Wow, I can't believe they were ever that little!"  When Logan was born it was very different from when Alex was born.  When Alex was born Jacob was with me at the hospital the entire time and we were all there together.  When Logan was born Alex was a day shy of being 16 months old -- he was still a baby and in all the pictures of him at the hospital he has his binky in his mouth.  Jacob stayed with Alex because he was so little and my mother stayed with me at the hospital.  Alex would come visit and wouldn't really know what was going on.  I missed Alex while I was in the hospital with Logan -- it was just so different.  I was very happy when we were all finally able to be home together.  I remember Jacob's parents brought Alex home and he came inside and had the biggest smile on his face.  He went from toy to toy, person to person, and you could just tell he was so happy to finally be home! 

The shirts my mother had made mean a lot to me because it reminds me of the day Logan was born and of the day we all finally got to be home together.  It reminds me of when my boys were babies and I will probably still have this little shirt and onesie when I'm an old woman.

2 comments:

  1. I remember that day too -- when we brought Alex back to your house and he really did have such a look of wonderment on his face. We could tell that he had really missed being with his mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I can't believe they were ever so tiny! I know I look at them when I see them and they are always bigger than the last time I saw them! You have the sweetest babies.....

    ReplyDelete