Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 28

Everyone is afraid of something. I think if we were honest with ourselves we would probably discover that everyone is afraid of several things  -- beit big or small.  There are the things that make our skin crawl and things that really frighten us. Today's picture challenge is to post a picture of something you're afraid of (such as ending a sentence with a preposition -- HA!).  I could have found some pictures of creepy crawlies -- I'm not a fan of scorpions or spiders, but I'm not really afraid of them.  I am a little afraid of snakes and I can't stand mice and rats.  I'm even afraid of falling on icy patches simply because I slid on ice, fell, and fractured my elbow a couple of years ago.  I now take ice slowly and if I look stupid, that is fine, it's better than falling and breaking something new! So, today, with very little thought I decided that one  the things I am afraid of is being a bad mother.

 This is a picture from the film Mommie Dearest.  I remember watching this film and actually being a little afraid of this crazy woman.  Faye Dunaway did an amazing job! She was obviously crazy, and while I don't think I'm a psycho mother I do think most mothers have times when they worry that they are a bad mom.  There are days when your children argue and fight, they tattle on each other, and they whine.  Your oldest child turned 6 and suddenly developed an attitude.  We have been spending a lot of time together the past couple of weeks because of all the snow.  There are times when I feel my stress level rise and I ask the boys to just go play in the play room and give me 5 minutes to myself. I can feel the "Mommie Dearest" in me emerging when I go into the bathroom, shut the door, and see little fingers under the door.  Then, the second I flush the toilet the door flies open and there stands a child. I love my children and I have a blast with them, but there are days when I'm not on my best game and that little fear creeps into my brain. As of now, my biggest fear is being a bad mother. My boys deserve the best and I hope when they are adults they will look back and think that I was a good mother and not a Mommie Dearest!

2 comments:

  1. There's no way you could ever be a "Mommy Dearest"....you are the greatest mom ever. Those boys just adore you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If all mothers were honest with themselves, they would admit that they have the same feelings that you experience. Raising children is the most difficult,exhausting, rewarding occupation you will ever have. You are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete