Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 22

Is there anything you wish you could do better?  Today's challenge is to post a picture of something you wish you were better at.  I didn't have to think long about this one. 

I wish I could fix more things myself instead of having my husband fix them.  I mean, it's nice to have him around to fix things, but sometimes it would be nice to fix things on my own.  I'm sure I'd feel a sense of pride and accomplishment if I could fix things on my own.  When Jacob and I were dating he bought me a book with the above picture on it entitled "Dare To Repair." It was written for women as a how-to book.  It tells you step by step how to fix things around the house like leaky faucets, broken door, and many other things.  A couple of years ago my parents gave me a pink tool set.  I thought it was so cool!  Not only was it my very own tool set, but it was pink!  I have used it often, but wish I could fix more things on my own.  I noticed there is now a Dare to Repair Your Car for women.  Maybe one day I'll get that book too and see what damage I can do. 

So, to recap, the one thing I wish i was better at is fixing things around the house.   I might have to work on that . . .

1 comment:

  1. Seth hates for me to do "repairs" around the house.....I think it makes him nervous! You should have seen the reaction he had when I installed a light fixture on my own!! HA!

    ReplyDelete