Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 21

It's day 21 of the challenge and today I couldn't pick just one picture.  I'm supposed to post a picture of my favorite holiday and explain why it's my favorite holiday.  I have always loved Christmas -- there is just something magical about it, but now that I'm an adult I spend more time stressing about all I have to do and less time enjoying.  So, with this is mind, I thought of another holiday. One that I really enjoy and has, over the years, become my favorite holiday.  That holiday is the 4th of July.

I love the 4th of July for several reasons. The first reason is that my Grandpa Jack started a tradition years ago (before I was even a thought) to have everyone together for BBQ .  My grandpa has always had a BBQ pit and was always excited about using it. I love BBQ.  It's one of those foods that I can add hot sauce or peppers to and it's so good -- plus it is something I don't get to eat very often.  Another reason I love the 4th of July is because it's a holiday that allows you to be outside.  The family isn't all cooped up in the house like they are on Christmas.  Everyone is outside shooting water guns, tossing water balloons, and blowing things up. When we get together with Jacob's family there is always some food item that gets blown up.  The boys are getting big enough now that they can appreciate this activity -- and their reactions are so funny. 

My Uncle Keith took over the BBQ pit last year.  My Grandpa Jack still sat out there and watched.  It has now, officially, become Uncle Keith's job.  My grandma said that my Grandpa Jack told her he wants the family to continue this tradition -- and, of course, we will.


I love this picture.  It's Ann and Logan on the 4th of July, 2009, looking at old pictures.

Water gun fights are a MUST on the 4th of July!

Strawberries that were destroyed by smoke bombs and fire crackers.  Logan said he really liked the colors of the smoke bombs and thought it was cool that it changed the color of the strawberries.

Alex and Logan jumping on the trampaline at Chris' and Sandra's. They got to swim in the pool, too -- it was a lot of fun. 

1 comment:

  1. How funny! Another freaky thing we share! I didn't even read yours until I had posted mine and now I'm laughing! We have such great taste!

    ReplyDelete