Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Here, Let Me Explain

No, I'm not comparing myself to Wonder Woman, although any mother has every right to do so!  I have been using a blog (that was created to allow gushing over my two boys) to write about things that aren't related to my boys. (Are you still with me?  Okay, let's keep going.)   It occurred to me that, while being a mother is THE most important part of my life, there is more to me than just being a mother.  What if I want to blog about something that has nothing to do with my boys?  I decided to create another blog for those thoughts and random events I'd like to blog about that aren't related to two little misters.

Let's talk about the title for a minute.  Why did I go with a title like Wonder Woman's Castle?  Well, I think Wonder Woman is pretty cool.  She is my favorite super hero and I am SO pleased that once upon a time some one thought to create a super hero for us girls.  For some reason when I was trying to come up with a name for this blog Wonder Woman popped into my head.

Now onto the explanation of the term "castle" in my title.  I have always heard that a man's home is his castle.  Why?  Why is a man's home his castle?  Why do we not hear, "A woman's home is her castle?"  Can't it go both ways? Yes, I am aware that in the "good ole days" men would come home from work and read their paper or listen to the radio while the woman prepared dinner or cleaned.  This is not the Good Ole Days, though.  This is 2011 and I am pretty sure I live in the real world -- where I can enjoy my home just as much as my husband.  Am I right?   I do NOT live in a castle -- who really does?   My home is my safe place.  It keeps me warm, it keeps me dry, it keeps me safe, and most days it keeps me very well entertained.  It isn't the size of a castle, but aren't their little castles somewhere . . . out there . . . in the world?  I'm sure there are.  Even though my home doesn't look like a castle it is MY home and just as good as any (small) castle.  I have always liked castles and therefore decided to use a castle in my title.

Now that we are all on the same page -- and everyone is aware that I have not lost my mind.  (I am not running around in a skimpy outfit convinced I am a super hero slinging the rope of truth.  Nor do I believe my home is a huge castle with a large moat surrounding it.)  I simply took two things I love that do NOT go together and I forced them together.  The great thing is that when it comes to writing you can do just about whatever you want.  I could make Wonder Woman live in a castle if I wanted to -- it's just that simple!

From now on, all future posts that are not about my children will be posted here!  I know you can hardly contain your excitement so just for you I plan to continue my 30 Day Challenge blog on THIS blog starting tomorrow (with Challenge #3).

So until then, enjoy your castles and try not to make Wonder Woman angry -- she is an Amazon, you know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment