Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 7

Today I'm supposed to post a picture of my most treasured item.  Well, one thing immediately popped into my mind.  But, since I've bent the rules already I thought I'd do it again.  Ha.  I'm going to include my most treasured item and another treasured item that means a lot to me. 

The first item is this . . .

My wedding ring.  You can't see how beautiful it is in this picture, but it was the best picture I could obtain.   I love Jacob with all my heart and I couldn't have asked for a better husband.  I remember the day he gave me this ring, got down on one knee, told me he loved me and asked me to be his wife.  I loved the ring then, but when the wedding band was added to it that seemed to add even more to the ring.  It has been one of my most treasured items for YEARS!  It symbolizes something that is important to me, too.

One of my bridal portraits -- I'm looking at my ring.  LOL!

The other treasured item I want to share is something my Grandpa Jack made for me as a wedding gift.  He made one for my brother's wife and also my cousin, Ann, when they each got married.  He did such an amazing job on them and it is one of my most treasured items!


It has been beaten and banged up by toddlers and had milk spilled on it -- it sits in our living room so everyone who comes over can see it.  I will cherish it for the rest of my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment