Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 4

Today's challenge was to post a picture of my favorite night.  When I read today's challenge a certain night immediately came to mind.  And, because it is the night I want to write about, I'm being forced to break the rules because, well, we have no pictures from this night. 

This is an old picture of Jacob and me --  it was probably taken about ten years ago.  It is NOT a picture from my favorite night, but it was taken around that time.  My mom took this picture -- she said she looked over and Jacob and I were just standing there together looking so cute and she snapped a picture.  This was taken near the woods by my grandparents' house.

I could write about the night Jacob proposed, our wedding night, the first night after Alex was born or the first night after Logan was born, but the night I want to write about is a little farther in the past. My favorite night (or at least the one that came to mind for this blog) was August 5, 2000.  Jacob and I had agreed to get together as friends and hang out.  He came to Duncan and we had lunch and went to Kiddie Land to ride the Tilt-O-Whirl over and over again.  We got snow cones and just hung out. It was a fun day -- it was also the day my little car was ill -- my dad was working on it so I drove my mom's car.  My mom hadn't had her car very long and it was the first time I had driven it.  I was driving around with the parking break on and had no idea.  Jacob later told me he knew but he didn't want to say anything and upset me.  HA!  The thing that makes this my favorite night is that not only did we have a blast together but that night I took Jacob back to his car and we sat in my car and talked for a while before he left. It was getting late and suddenly, Jacob looked straight ahead (not at me) and said, "Um, I was wondering if, um, if you would be opposed to us dating."  It was so cute because I could tell he was nervous about asking and he wouldn't even look at me.  I said, "No, I wouldn't be opposed."  I was so excited he had asked!  He quickly turned and looked at me, his face lit up, and he said, "Really?"  HA HA.  We both seemed happy about the decision we had made and he eventually got in his car and I watched him drive away.

It is a night I will never forget!

1 comment:

  1. What a very sweet memory! And that picture looks a little like a "Twilight" kinda moment....the woods....the love.....

    ReplyDelete