Sunday, March 13, 2011

Godspeed

There are only a couple of days left in the music challenge. This weekend has been all about my two little gremlins.  This morning they boys both crawled in bed with Jacob and me when they woke up.  They both hugged on me and were so love-y and cuddly.  It was sweet. I love little moments like that. 

We have had a fun weekend. We played outside, played catch, played HORSE while listening to 80s and 90s hip hop music (which was a blast), and the guys played board games last night. The boys and I made homemade pizza for dinner last night which was so much fun.  Today we went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch and had a blast running around playing games with the boys. Everyone says that having children changes your life -- this is so true.  It does change your life, but it changes it for the better. I love my parents and my husband, I love my close friends and family members, but I never knew I could love some one as much as I love my two little boys.  They fill my heart with happiness and I don't know how we ever lived without them in our lives! Jacob and I get to do fun things with the boys that we wouldn't get to do if it was just us -- like run around Chuck E. Cheese and play as many games as we can to see how many tickets we can get.  My boys are still young enough that Jacob and I can act silly and they STILL think we're funny.

One of my favorite times of day is bedtime.  I get to sit with my boys close to me and read books to them before they go to bed. -- filling their little imaginations with images from the stories we read.  I get to cuddle with them and tell them goodnight. When we go check on them before we go to bed they look so cute laying in their beds asleep.  Every time I hear the song I'm posting today I think of my boys.  This song describes things little boys like and tells them to have sweet dreams. We called Alex "Little Man" until he was old enough to tell us he was big.  Ha.  This song is a sweet song that every parent of a son can relate to.  I know some people don't like the Dixie Chicks, but at least focus on the words.  It's a beautiful lullaby from a parent to their young son.

1 comment:

  1. I had never heard this song before. I love the Dixie Chicks even if I don't like what they said about Bush or how they acted towards Toby Keith. They do make some beautiful music. I'm glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete