Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day Weekend

We had a busy weekend in the Astley house. Friday evening we went to a surprise party for my cousin.  My boys received the honor of getting to spray him with silly string when he arrived and everyone said, "Surprise!"  They LOVED that.  After spraying him they ran around and sprayed each other.  As a mom, I loved sitting and watching them chase each other with silly string flying everywhere and laughter filling my ears.  It is one of my favorite sounds.





On Saturday we cleaned the boys' room and moved furniture around.  We organized and de-cluttered and the room looks great! The boys were so excited about it.  Our plan now is to get them some little desks.

Yesterday was Father's Day. We bought Jacob a new OKC Thunder shirt and a picture gift.  The boys wanted to make him a cake so we made a Batman & Robin cookie cake.  I always try to make a meal that Jacob wants on Father's Day so we made homemade pizza for dinner and Logan watched Indiana Jones with Jacob.  We tried to make it a good day and let him know just how special he is to us.  He is a wonderful father.  He helps out with the kids all the time. He is very involved and always spends time with the kids when he is home.  They are going to have so many wonderful memories of fun things they did with their daddy when they are grown--and I love that!
Jacob received a really sweet card from my parents wishing him a happy father's day and my mom wrote about how thankful she is to have such a wonderful son-in-law who is such a great father to her grandchildren.  It made him feel even more special and loved.

Overall, I think he had a good Father's Day and we had a good weekend. We always enjoy the family time that we get.

The photo gift we made for Jacob.  The frames spell "DAD." 


Jacob holding the cookie cake the boys made for him.





No comments:

Post a Comment