Monday, April 2, 2012

Mardi Gras Red Beans & Rice Tortilla Casserole

Whew! What a title for a dish!  Thank you, Rachael Ray, and every other chef who has shared numerous recipes with the world.  This is what we had for dinner tonight! (Oh, and in case you didn't catch it, it's a Rachael Ray recipe.)  :)


I love to try new recipes.  I was looking through recipes on Pinterest and saw this one.  This time last year Jacob and I had just gotten back from New Orleans.  While there we tried a lot of new foods--sea food pizza, po' boys (yes, sadly, we had never tried them), and numerous other dishes, all of which were delicious! While we were there I purchased a Cajun cook book and pull it out every so often to use. I love spicy food--and because of that I became a big fan of Cajun food.

To make a long story short, I saw this recipe and HAD to try it. I followed the recipe exactly as Rachael Ray said to and let me just say it is very good! My kids won't eat it because there is rice in it and they just refuse to eat rice, but the adults should enjoy it well enough. :) Jacob and I both added generous amounts of hot sauce to our portions, but it's good with out it--as I said earlier, I just like spicy food!

Check out her website for this recipe and many others!
rachaelray.com

Happy cooking (and eating!)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment