Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Our Little Adventure

Front yard and part of the house.

The boys on Lovers Lane.  It's beautiful! 


Things have been busy here in Astleyland.  OSU contacted Jacob and said, "We want you to come work for us."  He didn't even have to interview--they just offered him the job.  They offered him more money and we felt a change would be a good thing, so Jacob took the job.  That same day we learned that there was a house available in Perkins if we wanted it. The timing could not have been better and we talked about how everything was falling into place and it seemed "meant to be."  With only 3 weeks to pack up everything, make phone calls and all the other 5 million things you have to do when you move, we made the decision that it would be stressful and hard, but we could do it.

And we did.  It was stressful. It was very stressful, but we did it.  I even managed to get Kailtyn's room painted before we moved in so we could have her room ready.  She knew something was going on but she wasn't sure what and she was having a hard time with it. We moved in around 8:00 on a Saturday night.  By 11:00 or so everything was moved in and our parents and brother-in-law, Dustin, headed back to their homes.Everyone was exhausted and sore. We had Sunday, which we used to do some unpacking and then the next day Jacob started his new job. Things just didn't slow down.

Once we moved in I could NOT stand the boxes everywhere.  Most of my time and energy went towards unpacking and cleaning and getting things organized.  Today, about two and a half weeks after we moved in, there are a few boxes in closets that need to be unpacked but for the most part we are unpacked. And things are going really well.

In the beginning I was not excited about moving.  I didn't want to move.  I loved Edmond.  We had friends there. I thought it was a nice town and I liked it there. It was our home. We had been there for 8 years and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I worried about putting Alex in a new school, but I knew that moving was the right thing to do. We have been here almost 2 and a half weeks and I can honestly say that I like it here.  I love this house.  I love all the space we have.  I love that it is NICE and looks nice.  I love the yard.  I love all the trees all over town, all over our street . . . everywhere.  I love how friendly people are.  I love my boys' teachers and the schools.  I love the old buildings and I love that my kids like it here too.  And, did I mention that I love this house?

Jacob's job is going well.  The boys are enjoying school (for the most part).  Kaitlyn is adjusting wonderfully to her new surroundings--she seems to like it too.  She LOVES the back yard.  We are still waiting to hear about therapies for Alex, but once that gets scheduled everything will have fallen into place.

It was an adventure and I can't believe we did so much in just a matter of weeks, but we did and life is good.  This place is just beautiful and it is teaching us to find the beauty in everything.  Confucius said, "Everything has it's beauty, but not everyone sees it."  In this place, where we are now, with all the good changes going on in our lives, we ARE seeing the beauty around us . . . and we're loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment