Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Chaos: The Cookies of Life

Author Amelia Atwater-Rhodes wrote, "Life is nothing without a little chaos to make it interesting."  

My question is who says life has to be interesting? Today has not been lacking in chaos.  So, according to the above statement, I think it's safe to say that I have had an interesting day.  Interesting isn't all it's cracked up to be.  I look out my window and I see a beautiful day--some might even venture so far as to call it a perfect day.  The sun is shining, it's not windy, it's not too hot and it's not cold. I love days like this--they make me long for Spring! There is NOTHING chaotic about today--so, what's so great about chaos, then, if boring can equal a perfect day!  Kaitlyn hasn't been napping well the past few days, I haven't felt 100%, and a few other things that have caught me off guard have happened this week.  Nothing major, just little bits of chaos. (Smile and wink!) Maybe Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is right.  I am sitting here while my 6-year-old is eating an Oreo yogurt.  He carefully dumps the cookie pieces into his yogurt and quickly stirs it up--obviously excited about taking that first bite.  I mean, come on--it's yogurt with COOKIES in it!  What's not to like?  So, I said, "Logan, do you think that yogurt is better with the cookies or without?"  He looks up at me and says, "With cookies.  Without the cookies it's just plain, old, boring yogurt." I love the way my kids see the world.  It was funny because it struck me that Logan's cookie yogurt is like life.  Without the cookies (ie. chaos) it's just "plain old, boring" life. Chaos keeps us on our toes.  It makes us examine things about ourselves that maybe we haven't thought about or noticed.  Chaos adds spice to our life and, the truth is, chaos isn't always a bad thing.  

So, embrace the chaos in your life.  It is, after all, keeping it interesting. ;)  (I know it's easier said than done, but I'm trying REALLY hard! LOL.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment