Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Proposal

Day 4.

One of my favorite Christmas memories took place in 2001.  Jacob and I had plans with my friend, Amy, and her husband, Corey.  We went to their house to hang out and talk.  Jacob had bought an engagement ring for me and I knew he had it with him.  I was so excited.  I had talked to Amy earlier that day and told her Jacob had the ring and maybe today was the day.  (You know how girls are--ha ha).  So, when we got to their house and Jacob and Corey were talking Amy pulled me aside and said, "Well?  Did he propose?"  I said, "No" and she was obviously disappointed.  HA HA.  So, we hung out for a while and then we left.  That night, just a few days before Christmas, Jacob got down on one knee and pulled out the ring.  He looked me right in the eyes and told me he loved me and asked me to marry him.  I, of course, said, "Yes" and here we are today.  HA HA. It was THE best Christmas gift I received that year and one of my favorite Christmas memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment