Monday, October 3, 2011

Baby's Room

I have had a lot of people ask me to post pictures of Kaitlyn's room when we get it finished. Well, as of yesterday, it is pretty much finished.  The boys told us they thought it looked good--Alex said he thinks Kaitlyn will like it.  Since it has her big brothers' stamp of approval I thought I'd share some photos of her room with those of you who have asked to see pictures and those of you who are interested in seeing them.

The window, changing table and a hair clip holder.  The changing table was given to us by my friend, Sylvia.  We have gotten a lot of compliments on it.  The hair clip holder was made for Kaitlyn by my cousin, Ann.  It looks great hanging in her room!

The wall above Kaitlyn's bed.

Kaitlyn's crib

A pink table given to us for Kaitlyn's room by my friend, Brittani.  The frog bank matches the small amount of green in her room and was given to her by her Nisa (Denisa).  The bottle bank was given to me by my friend, Sunshine.

Above the pink table we have our first green shelf, with the ancient TV set (LOL) and a bunch of pink things. The teddy bear on the shelf was mine as a little girl.  One of my mom's friends made it for me.  She received another hair clip holder from Denisa, which is good because she has a ton of clips and bows.  The tissue flower hanging on the wall was made by my sister-in-law, Payten, and the robes were given to Kaitlyn by my friend, Crystal.  (Its neat to look at all of these things and remember where they all came from!)

The second green shelf in Kaitlyn's room is above the brown futon.  All of the stuffed animals on the shelf, with the exception of Ruby (the rabbit from Max & Ruby) were mine as a little girl. Ruby was Logan's--he had Max and Ruby and told me he thought Kaitlyn would like to have Ruby, so she went up on the shelf with the others.  The picture below the shelf is one that my cousin, Ann, made for Kaitlyn's room.

We framed the T-shirts the boys wore to announce they were getting a sister, along with the pictures we took of them announcing they were going to be big brothers.  We have gotten a lot of compliments on this, too.

The far corner of Kaitlyn's room.  A tissue flower, made by her Aunt Payten, hanging from the ceiling, and a lot of pink and brown.  The name banner was made by my friend, Sunshine, for her room. It looks awesome in there! Sunshine did such an amazing job on it!  She has a ton of headbands and my mother had some one make a head band holder for her, which is sitting on the left side of her chest of drawers.  We have the nursery scentsy in the middle and the cool Wonder Woman lamp (Also from Denisa) on the right.

This is the Wonder Woman lamp.  It is probably THE coolest lamp I have ever seen.  We don't have to mess with a lamp shade or a big light bulb--its filled with a strand of lights and it is just cool.

The cool hair clip holder my cousin, Ann, made for Kaitlyn.  When I pulled it out of the sack I noticed it has bows already attached to it.  The bows are pretty cool as well!  I love that Kaitlyn has so many things in her room that were given to her by people who already love her!  She isn't going to be rotten at all! LOL

The hair clip made for Kaitlyn by Denisa.  It is so cute!  There are some great things in her room that were made just for her.  I love it!

The picture my cousin, Ann, made.  This is something I will always cherish--and it looks great hanging in Kaitlyn's room!

So, there you have it! We are very happy with it and are now just waiting to get her here. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Kaitlyn's room looks so pretty -- all ready for a little girl. She's almost here!

    ReplyDelete