Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Friendship

A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same. 
Elbert Hubbard 

Last week I was reminded of just how important friendship is.  I was also reminded of who my true friends are.  I had friends text me every day to see how Kaitlyn was doing and to see if Jacob and I needed anything.  Once home I had friends bring us food, friends who offered to pick up my boys and take them to and from school, I had friends who sent cards and called to let me know that they were thinking about us and praying for Kaitlyn to get well. They filled our lives with encouragement and support and we were reminded that we're not alone.

Like most females I have a handful of close friends and an amazing best friend who are always ready to help.  They love my children and would do anything for them, for Jacob, and for me.  This week they reminded me just how great they are. I wanted to take the time to say, "Thank you."  A world without friends can be a lonely one, so I am thankful for the friends we have--for their love, support, encouragement, and the slaps in the face they give when I really need a reality check.  They are amazing women and I consider myself blessed to have them in my lives.  (You all know who you are. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment