Friday, February 13, 2015

Friendship Is A Gift

Friendships are a gift.

These are people who CHOOSE to love you.  You weren't forced on them by blood or marriage.  They chose you.  (How cool is that!)  We so often forget this and treat them as far less than gifts.

The struggle is real.  (I couldn't resist using that line!)  Female relationships can be so difficult.  We just tend to be so emotional.  One thing I have learned is that some are more emotional than others.

We all have friends who are know-it-alls.  We all have friends who make everything about themselves, get offended about things that have nothing to do with them, or give us the silent treatment.  We have friends who never have anything positive to say or have expectations that are just too high.

Ladies, we are adults.  Why is it that so many grown women still act so immature?  Who has the time or the energy to behave this way?

I have two friends, both older than me, who have experienced EVERY mood I could possibly have.  They have never gotten upset with me, never made me feel bad, and never made things that I shared with them about themselves. They never tell me what to do, never criticize me, and never take my moods personally. They are always there no matter what is going on in their lives and they make me feel as if I am some one special.

Female relationships can be complicated, but they don't have to be.  Is it really so hard to just be there for each other, to love each other, and to not get bent out of shape over things (especially things that have nothing to do with you?)  Life is really too short for that.

I am no one special, but these two friends make me feel as if I AM someone special.  I have also been blessed with many other great friends who have proven themselves to be just that--great friends.  I am blessed in the friend department, that is for sure!

My prayer is that I am as great of a friend to them as they are to me (and that I make them feel just as special)!

Who do you have in your life who lifts you up or makes you feel as if you're someone special (every single day)?

Cherish and nurture the positive friendships, ladies! Tell them thank you and never forget that these great friendships are gifts (and should be treated as such)!

No comments:

Post a Comment